Tuesday, August 26, 2008

You never know what she's going to say!


Sunday evening our church had Baskin-n-Sonshine (clowns) to perform. McKenzie really enjoyed them! Well, at the end of their performance Sonshine asked for all of the boys and girls to come forward and sit. Well, you know who had to sit right next to Sonshine- McKenzie! Sonshine asked all of them to hold hands for a prayer and when some of the children were reluctant to hold hands she told them, "Oh come on, none of us have cooties! Hold hands." Well guess who announced to the entire congregation "I've got cooties!" Sonshine paused and said "What? You have cooties?" McKenzie said "Yeah!" Then Sonshine says "Who's this little girl's Momma?" I was holding Alexis and trying to get away without raising my hand, but I couldn't get away with it because those who knew who her "Momma" was turned and looked at me about the same time McKenzie said "She's right there!", pointing me out. Sonshine said "Oh, the one with the red face!" I could have crawled under the chairs! I cringed, hoping and praying that she didn't say "Yeah and I got them from my Uncle Russ!" (We tease her when we clean her ears and tell her that she must have been around Uncle Russ and caught his cooties!- Sorry Uncle Russ!) Well, thank goodness she didn't! Anyway, the little boy sitting next to McKenzie withdrew his hand and wanted no part of holding McKenzie's hand. (Daddy was happy!)

No comments: