Monday, August 3, 2009

McKenzie's First Day of Kindergarten!




I can't believe how "grown-up" she looks in this picture!


McKenzie had a great day at Kindergarten today. Heath, Alexis and I walked her in to her classroom this morning and said our "goodbyes". McKenzie was just fine and went right to work coloring alongside her other classmates. I couldn't help shedding a few tears in front of her. She didn't say anything, she just kissed me and got to work. I walked out of the room to get Heath and Alexis to come tell her "bye" and could hardly get the words out of my mouth. I was beginning to wonder if I needed one of the boxes of Kleenex that I had sent with McKenzie. Once I got out of the room I was fine. I just can't believe that my first baby is old enough for "big girl school"!

We had to have a Bee Removal service come out to our house today to remove a hornets nest out of our attic. Needless to say we stayed in the house and out of the guy's way.

The Queen? It was the largest one the guy found anyway! Let's hope that's her!


Look at all those "baby hornets"! I'm glad we got them out when we did!

Heath had to stay at home while the guy worked so Nana took Alexis and I to pick up our little Kindergartner! She prissed right out of the gym and hopped right in the car! I think Alexis was happy to see her Big Sister as well. Hopefully the rest of the school year will be as exciting for her as her "First Day" was!

No comments: