Monday, February 16, 2009

She's crawling!

Alexis finally decided after weeks of rocking back and forth on her knees that it was time to take off. On Friday she became mobile! When I got her up Saturday am to change her diaper I noticed that she had reddened areas on her knees from crawling so much on Friday! It won't be long now before she starts pulling up on furniture! She is now 17lbs. 9oz.!

McKenzie had her Valentine's party at school last Thursday and came home with all kinds of goodies and Valentine's cards. Heath brought her and Alexis up to the hospital Friday night to surprise me with a Valentine's balloon and took me out to O'Charley's for dinner.

I know that I haven't been keeping the blog up to date lately and I desperately need to post pictures of the girls. However, Heath and I have been a little busy lately packing up our house. Yes, we are moving to a bigger house!!!!!! We are buying a house in another subdivision nearby, but the back of our lot adjoins Nana and Papa (my parents') property! We can soon walk to Nana's and when McKenzie gets ready to go, I don't have to pack up Alexis and drive her down there. She can walk right out the back door and down Nana's driveway. Well, that is unless Papa pours her a walkway to his house! No really, she told Papa that she wanted him to pour a sidewalk from our new house to his so that she could ride her pedal tractor back and forth! McKenzie, I wouldn't hold my breath! We are so excited to see this finally come to be. We have been looking to buy a house closer to them for almost an entire year now! McKenzie is excited to be that close to Nana and Papa but also to be right down the street from one of her friends from Preschool. Right now my house is filled with boxes, boxes and more boxes. I never knew how much we had acquired in over 10 years of marriage! At least our new house has a full basement so we'll have plenty of room for storage. Nana is counting the days til we empty out her basement of all of McKenzie and Alexis' outgrown clothes, toys, etc. We are set to close on March 2nd!!!

2 comments:

Jennifer said...

That's great! I can't wait to see the new house!

Sue said...

Let us know what we can do to help you move...