Tuesday, March 31, 2009
Happy 5th Birthday, McKenzie!
McKenzie celebrated her 5th birthday today, first with a party at school. After school she went to the dentist and got a great report! Then she and I went shopping for some new clothes for her birthday party. (I sure hope it is going to be warm in the afternoon!) Heath stayed home with Alexis and tried to get some things done around the house. McKenzie is getting so "grown up". She got a Disney Princess "cell phone" for her birthday at school. The whole time we were shopping she kept pulling it out of her purse because she was getting a call! What am I going to do when she's 15?! She is doing really well in school. They are learning to read and she is so excited that she can read. For so long she kept saying, "I can't" but thanks to her awesome teacher she has overcome that. She is so excited about her birthday party on Saturday. Alexis is now 10 months old and crawling like a pro! She pulls up without any reservations and her favorite thing to do is "scream" in a restaurant. We all went out to celebrate her Uncle Jeff's birthday last night and all she did was smile, laugh and scream. No, she isn't upset, she is laughing as she does it. I guess she thinks it is so funny. I think Heath and I will both be deaf by the time she outgrows this phase. Looking forward to her starting to walk soon. Oh, and now that we have stairs in our house she has learned to climb at least the first or second steps! She is holding steady at 18lbs. She has been "sick" since the end of February and after 2 rounds of antibiotics the Dr. has finally determined that it may be allergies. So we go to the allergist on Monday, April 6th. Our Pediatrician started her on Zyrtec and that seems to have helped more than anything. Her nose doesn't run constantly like it has! Hopefully I'll get a chance to post pictures after the party on Saturday!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment